The story behind the Ergo Glass™
It is time to dig deeper into our unique Ergo Glass™ end effectors. The End effectors are developed and produced by our colleagues in France and we therefore asked them a couple of questions.
When did you start developing the first Ergo Glass™ end effector?
- We started to develop this range of end effectors when we understood that a very big part of our potential customers had very special needs concerning glazing handling.
They applied for light, simple, handy, and intuitive tools. One of the technicians who has a huge experience in glazing handling, had the idea to create an end effector that could handle glazing of different dimensions, forms, with frame constraints and suitable for all types of glazing and customers’ needs.
What was the demand and reason for developing Ergo Glass™?
- There is a large offer of glazing end effectors in the market but almost all of them are standard. That means that they are not designed at all to follow the customer’s needs. The idea was to understand what the operators’ expectations were concerning the grippers and to convince the production methods department to use the product according to the function. The answers came easily while visiting the customers.
The glazing industry market is not yet fully equipped, and the demand for special end effectors is still very big.
What are the different variations of Ergo Glass™?
- Basically, we have developed several standard variations of Ergo Glass™ end effectors (Ergo Glass™ Fixed, Rotation and Driven Rotation) but finally we can say that each end effector is sold by Binar Handling SAS is made according to the specific needs of the customer (customized). The first Ergo Glass™ was sold by Binar Handling SAS in 2017. Today the range of Ergo Glass™ end effectors is very large. This product is in continuous development and that makes possible its constant progress and improvement.
How many Ergo Glass™ end effectors, both standard and customized, have we sold so far?
- 79 end effectors (approx. 45 customers)
What is the unique selling point of Ergo Glass™?
- It’s a tool that is simple and intuitive to use and that is secure.
What do our customers like with the end effectors?
- The end effectors are designed to be used easily and to make the operator’s work easier in many senses (ergonomic well-being, easy handling, simple functions, etc.)
Finishing off this interview, what are some of the lifting objects Ergo Glass™ end effectors can handle?
- Glazing, Carpentry, Carpentry profiles and Wood plates (furniture) are some examples.
Internship at Binar Handling
We had the great pleasure of having Sophie as our intern four weeks earlier this fall. Sophie, joined us from Austria and her initial focus was getting a general knowledge about lifting devices and after that, she focused on a pre-study of a new product.
What made you choose an internship at Binar Handling in Sweden?
First, I was looking for a company with an exciting product, but also for a topic that would be a bit of a challenge for me. Moreover, working in a foreign country for a while appeared attractive to me. Of course, the fact that my mother works for Binar and recommended the company to me made my decision easy.
What was your overall experience?
Sweden is known for its friendly people, and I found that to be true during my stay. My colleagues have always been very open and welcoming towards me. When I needed help with a question or a problem, it was always easy to find someone who was willing to share knowledge or experience. In addition, Trollhättan is a great place to live.
What is one thing that you learned during your internship?
The one thing that I really found interesting is that there is a remarkable difference between a construction made in school and one made at a company. So, it was great to get a first glimpse into what world-class engineering really looks like.
Would you recommend an internship at Binar Handling and why?
I would definitely recommend an internship at Binar Handling. Where else would you get the opportunity as an 18-year old engineering student to work on a real project resulting in a real product intended to be marketed later?
"Sophie has shown that it’s beneficial to get ideas from someone that thinks outside the box. Several new ideas have come up already." - Niclas, Global Product Development Manager.
Thank you for spending your internship with us Sophie and we wish you all the luck going forward
New Regional Sales Manager
We are excited to welcome Farshad as Binar Handling’s new Regional Sales Manager in Sweden. Farshad will be the main contact for companies and inquiries from the Stockholm region and Northern Sweden.
Farshad has a background in engineering, business development, channel partner management, and R&D project management. He has a deliberate focus on building long-term customer relationships where he is optimizing productivity, efficiency, and safety. He can therefore offer tailored and sustainable solutions.
“I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences with the team, to learn and understand about top engineered Swedish lifting equipment and start working on the field next to our customers. With Binar Handling’s portfolio based on ergonomy, safety, and precision I’m ready to help customers protecting their most valuable asset (human capital) and at the same time improve their profitability.” Highlights Farshad.
Farshad will be a great asset to the Binar Handling team with his many years of experience and diverse background.
Trollhättan City Trail
On Sunday, Aug. 29th, Trollhättan City Trail and GKN Easy Trail closed this year's Action Week and our colleague Andreas did the challenging 10,5km trail run!
Thank you for this year's Trollhättan Action Week!
Quality and environment in focus
We have carried out a periodic quality and environmental audit in accordance with the standards ISO9001: 2015 & ISO14001: 2015.
The audit, which was carried out with a focus on the environment, resulted in no deviations, which we are very proud of.
Even more gratifying is that the results show that our purposeful work, based on our environmental aspects, make a difference both for us as producer and also for our customers.
This work has been continually ongoing since our first certification in 2013 and this is a receipt that we are continuing in the right direction.
- Magnus Ehne, responsible for quality and environment at Binar Handling AB.
Binar and Standby are sponsoring Trollhättan City Trail
This is a challenging 10,5km race through the beautiful nature of Trollhättan. Also, the unique thing about Trollhättan City Trail is that some of the sign-up fee goes to the sport organization of your choice.
A great way for us and everyone that sign-up to support Trollhättan and its' local organizations.
New distributor in Finland
We are excited to further expand our presence in Scandinavia, welcoming a new distributor in Finland.
Crane Partner will provide all our customers in Finland with first-hand sales and on-site support of Binar Quick-Lift™ and NEO 30.
Welcome Crane Partner, we are looking forward to our future collaborations.
New distributor in India
New Production Manager
We are thrilled to welcome Nathan as Binar Handling’s new Production Manager in Sweden.
Nathan has a background in electronics engineering, sustainable development, and experience as production manager of a fast-growing small company where they built their production system from the ground up. Some of his main focuses have been efficiency and quality.
"I value teamwork and group decision making. The goal is to support those around to reach their full potential and actively participate in building a better workplace," highlights Nathan.
Nathan will be a great asset to the Binar Handling team with his many years of experience and diverse background.
New distributor in Lithuania and Latvia
Salija’s and Binar Handling’s partnership will provide Lithuanian and Latvian customers with firsthand support in sales and service of our lifting solutions. This partnership will enable more companies and their employees to work smarter with ergonomic and user-friendly lifting equipment.
Binar Handling are a proud partner of Giving People, an organization helping economically exposed children in Sweden.
Mattias Lindh, Managing Director of Binar Handling Group says:
”As part of our cooperate culture we strive for being a respected and responsible part of the societies we operate in. As such there are certainly a lot we can do, both short and long term. What we all do (or not do) today will form our common future. As the future belongs to our children, we want to support the great work that “Giving People” do in order to help children who live under financially less fortunate situations.”
New distributor in Slovenia and Croatia
We are proud to announce that ILIRIK d.o.o. have joined Binar Handling Group as distributor for Quick-Lift™ and NEO 30™ in Slovenia and Croatia.
The partnership will provide our Slovenian and Croatian customers with firsthand support in sales and service of their Binar Handling lifting solutions. Ilirik and Binar Handling Group’s partnership will enable that more companies and their employees will be able to work smarter with ergonomic and user-friendly lifting equipment. This will simplify and make their work situation more effective.
Behind the scenes, NEO 30™
We are thrilled to have introduced the NEO 30™ on the global market over one year ago. The battery-driven NEO 30™ is a unique lifting device that has made feather light lifting easier and more ergonomic. Binar Handling have been working within lifting solutions for over 40 years, however, this is the first product developed for light lifting, lifting objects up to 30 kg.
It is time to go behind the scenes of the NEO 30™ and we start off by asked Niclas, Global Product Development Manager, about the reason we developed a battery-driven lifting device.
- We saw a demand for a lifting device that is extremely mobile. A mobile lifting device can be used at several different workstations during a week since it only takes a few minutes to install. Since its battery-driven it can also be hung on forklifts etc. where there is no power supply.
- There is also a demand for a lifting device that is very easy to use, this makes it possible for our customers to have a very flexible staff where everyone can get helped by this ergonomic lifting device.
It took a very intense year to develop the NEO 30™. An outstanding performance for a product that has never been seen on the market before. Our highly competent network of suppliers contributed to producing the best product possible. However, there will always be challenges when inventing a brand-new product. Niclas highlighted the one of the main challenges:
- There was a lot of challenges, this has never been done before. One of the main challenge was to pack a complete lifting device into the small outer dimensions that we wanted.
This challenge was successfully managed since the NEO 30™’s dimensions ended on 410*132*107mm and a total weight of 7,5kg. A compact lifting device that is easy to install and move around. And Christian, Sales and Product Manager NEO 30™, wanted to highlight the features that he thinks makes the product so good:
- As the unique product that NEO 30 actually is with its’ battery powered system and the ease of installation, it is truly a unique product and one of its kind in the world today. Also, it feels great that they are all developed here in Trollhättan by the team at Binar Handling.
Contact Christian if you want to know more about the NEO 30™.
Distributor of the year - 2020
Great achievement! We are proud to, for the second year in a row, present Binar Handling's Distributor of the year, ALTO SYSTEMS in Czech Republic.
At Binar Handling, we highly appreciate and value the hard work done by our Distributors and partners. Our desire and innovative spirit continue to glow providing the best lifting solution ever to help our customers creating a safe and ergonomic environment for their employees.